Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The "To-Do List", Conquered!

Ok, so I've been struggling with the overwhelming "to do" list problem ever since my son was born. After my daughter came along, the problem just got worse. I feel like I am busy all the time, but rarely make significant progress toward those items on my growing list.

So, I've been thinking. Why not make my list retroactive? For example, here's my to-do list for this morning:

1. Hit the snooze button 4 times. (Check!)

2. Stumble out of bed and thank God for automatic coffee brewer. (Check!)

3. Talk grumpy three-year-old out of locked bathroom. (Check!)

4. Supervise 2 kids while getting self ready; repeat commands with increasing volume and urgency until tasks completed and kids strapped in car. (Check!)

5. Arrive at work within 1 hour of scheduled start. (Check!)

6. Augment caffeine levels until able to achieve productive state. (Check!)


See? My entire morning list, all checked off and done. What a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment